Kim Bup Woo
Professor of the Cancer Center for Thyroid Cancer at the Gangnam Severance Clinic, Republic of Korea.
2013-present time: work in the direction of PhD at Yonsei University
2006-2012 Master of Surgery at Yonsei University
2001- Korean government License of the doctor
2001- Medical College
March 2001 — February 2004: Army (Medical Officer)
- Member of the Korean Surgical Society
- Member of the Korean Cancer Association
- Member of the Korean Association of Thyroid and Endocrine Surgeons
- Member of the Korean Thyroid Association
- Member of the Korean Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Member of the International Association of Endocrine Surgeons
March 2011- till now: Professor at the Oncology Center for the Treatment of the Thyroid Gland.
Department of Surgery, Gangnam Severance Clinic of Yonsei University (Seoul, South Korea).
2009-2011: Society at the Endocrinology and Thyroid Cancer Center of the Gangnam Severance Clinic of Yonsei University (Seoul, South Korea).
2005-2009: Resident in general surgery at the Gangnam Severance Clinic of Yonsei University (Seoul, South Korea).
2004-2005: Trainee doctor at the Gangnam Severance Clinic of Yonsei University (Seoul, South Korea).
April 30, 2001 Korean National Medical License (No. 72934)
March 2, 2009 Korean Board of General Surgery License (No. 6371)
1. Kim BW, Baek SH, Kim JS, Hyo H, Lee HY, So SG, Cho CHH
«A comparison of the first 25 cases and the last 25 cases of laparoscopic resection of the segmented intestine during the training period and in accordance with clinical and pathological results».
J Korean Soccer Endosc Korean J Head Neck Oncol
2. Chang H, Kim SM, Chun KW, Kim BW, Lee YS, Chang HS, Hong SW, Park CS.
Clinical and pathological features of a solid variety of papillary thyroid cancer.
ANZ J Surg. 2013 Jul 4.
3. Lee YS, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS
Factors predisposing to chyle leakage following thyroid cancer surgery without neck dissection.
Head Neck. 2012 Sep 28
4. Park JH, Lee YS, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS
Skip lateral neck node metastases in papillary thyroid carcinoma. World J Surg. 2012 Apr; 36 (4): 743-7.
5. Lee YS, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS.
Using Penrose silicone drainage to protect the cut edges of the skin during an endocrine operation
Surg Innov. 2013 Aug; 20 (4): NP1-2.
6. Kim KJ, Hong SW, Lee YS, Kim BW, Lee SC, Chang HS, Park CS
Tumor margin histology predicts tumor aggressiveness in papillary thyroid carcinoma: A Study of 514 consecutive patients
J Korean Med Sci. 2011 Mar; 26 (3): 346-51.
Report on cases:
- Kuk Jin Kim, Soon Won Hong, Bup-Woo Kim, Sang Wook Kang, Yong Sang Lee, Kee-Hyun Nam, Woong
- Youn Chung, Hang Seok Chang, Cheong Soo Park, Traumatic neuroma after lymphadenectomy, Korean Journal of Endocrine Surgery, 9 (02): 90-92, 2009 (Korean)
- Lee YS, Hong JW, Kim BW, Chung WY, Chang HS, Park CS. Endoscopic thyroidectomy with using the transaxillar approach is a safe procedure for patients with breast augmentation. Surg Innov. 2013 Jun; 20 (3): 230-3.
- Lee YS, Hong SW, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS. Anterior cyst associated with thyroid cancer. ANZ J Surg. 2012 Mar; 82 (3): 190-2.
- Lee YS, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS. Subsequent thyroidectomy of hoarseness caused by subluxation of arytenoid cartilage. ANZ J Surg. 2012 Mar; 82 (3): 188-9.
- Lee YS, Kim KJ, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS. Repetition of papillary carcinoma of the thyroid glands in the residual pyramidal lobe. ANZ J Surg. 2011 Apr; 81 (4): 304.
- Lee YS, Son EJ, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS. A difficult assessment of thyroid cancer due to cervical paraffin injection. J Korean Surg Soc. 2011 Dec; 81 Suppl 1: S17-20.
- Lee YS, Kim KJ, Kim BW, Chang HS, Park CS. Repetition of papillary thyroid carcinoma of the residual pyramidal lobe. ANZ J Surg. 2011 Apr; 81 (4): 304.
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Surgeon of the highest category
2018 — Chief Medical Officer of Korean Medical Center Almaty LLP
2016-2018 — Chief Medical Officer of the Center for Modern Medicine «MEDITERRA»
2011-2016 — doctor of the department of hepatopancreatobiliary surgery and liver transplantation of the «NRCS named after A. Syzganova N.» JSC
2009-2011 — doctor of the department of surgery of the esophagus, stomach and mediastinal organs of «NRCS named after A. Syzganova N.» JSC
2006-2009 — Post-graduate student of the department of surgery of the esophagus, stomach and mediastinal organs of «NRCS named after A. Syzganova N.» JSC
2004-2006 — clinical resident of the department of general surgery with the course of anesthesiology and resuscitation in KazNMU named after Asfendiyarov S.D.
2003-2004 — doctor of the surgical department of the State Institution «Central district hospital of the Ili district»
Main results of scientific, practical activities
The author of more than 100 scientific and practical works, 4 innovative patents of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the invention.
The executor of 4 scientific-research works, performed in «NRCS named after A. Syzganova N.» JSC from 2009 to 2016; the head of the scientific and technical project «Development of scientifically grounded approaches to the diagnosis of chronic diffuse liver diseases», KazNMU named after Asfendiyarov S.D., 2016.
2016 — Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, assistant of the Department of Surgical Diseases No. 1
2015-2016 — Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, assistant of the module «Hepatology»
2013-2014 — Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, assistant of the department of «Internship and Residency for Surgery No. 1»
2009 — Defense of the thesis for the degree of candidate of medical sciences on the topic: «Endoscopic gastrostomy for esophageal stenosis»
Sphere of professional interests
- Thyroid Surgery
- Hepatopancreatobiliary surgery
Membership in scientific societies:
- Since 2006 the Association of Surgeons of Almaty and Almaty region
- Since 2010 the Association of Endoscopic Surgery of Kazakhstan
- Since 2014 the Kazakhstan Society of Transplantologists
- Since 2014 the International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO)
- Since 2015, the Turkic World Transplantation Society (TWTS)
- Since 2015, the Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association of CIS countries (CIS HPBA)
Achievements and awards
2011 Certificate of Honor of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan
2012 Certificate of honor of Akim of Almaty city
2012 Award pin «Excellence in Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan»
General Medicine, Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University (2014)
2018 — Operating surgeon of Korean Medical Center Almaty
2014-2018 — resident physician of Surgery Department No. 1, Almaty City Central Clinical Hospital
Retraining in the specialty: «General Surgery (component of choice-Endoscopy)», 2015
Seminar-training «Skill training in team work in urgent situations», 2015г
Advanced training in the specialty: Questions of Coloproctology, 2014
Main results of scientific, practical and pedagogical activity:
- author of 2 scientific and practical publications in international scientific and practical journals
- directions of activity: general surgery, surgical treatment of liver diseases, bile ducts, surgical treatment of pancreatic diseases, thyroid gland, reconstructive surgery of hernias of the anterior abdominal wall